BigBlueButton is an open source web conferencing system for distance learning. The goal of the BigBlueButton project is to enable remote students to have a high quality learning experience. BigBlueButton enables real-time sharing of audio, video, slides, chat, and desktop. It has plugins for both Moodle 1.9 and 2.x.
Moodle Activity Modules
These Moodle activity modules were developed by Blindside Networks to enable you to provide students a real-time synchronous teaching and learning environment from within the Moodle interface. If you have feedback on these modules, please send us your comments at feedback.
- BigBlueButtonBN Moodle 2.x Activity Module (record and playback)
- BigBlueButtonBN Moodle 1.9 Activity Module
BigBlueButtonBN Moodle 2.x Activity Module
The above video refers to Moodle 2.0/2.1, but the module is tested and works with Moodle 2.2 (and beyond).
The BigBlueButtonBN Moodle 2.x Activity Module provides you full access to BigBlueButton’s capabilities from within your Moodle interface. Specifically, you can:
- Create links for multiple virtual classroom within a course
- Restrict students from entering the virtual classroom until a teacher joins
- Create custom welcome messages
- Schedule classes in the Moodle Calendar
- Launch BigBlueButton in its own window
- Record and playback your lectures (requires BigBlueButton 0.8 or above)
For more information on Moodle and BigBlueButton integrations check out this page.