MootIEUK will be held over 3 days in May 2021. The following is the outline schedule of these 3 days.
- Day 1: Live sessions including Open Mics, Panels, Meet the Expert sessions, Lightening talks and workshops. Social event in the evening.
- Day 2: Live sessions including Open Mics, Panels, Meet the Expert sessions, Lightening talks and workshops. Social event in the evening.
- Day 3: Live sessions including Open Mics, Panels, Meet the Expert sessions, Lightening talks and workshops. MootIEUK virtual send off party!
2021 MOOTIEUK Format
Recordings: All standard presentations will be pre-recorded as on-demand sessions which will be available for a week before the event and 3 weeks after for participants. Accepted recorded presenters will be invited to take part in open mics/panel/meet the expert sessions during the 3 days.
Live Sessions: There will be four types of live sessions: Open Mic sessions, Panel Sessions, Meet the expert sessions and Active Training Workshops.
- Open Mic: A set topic is chosen for the 60-90 minute session. The goal is to create a point of contact for listeners and the speaker. Attendees can also “volunteer in the session” to contribute or share for 3 minutes of their own experience on the topic.
- Panel Sessions: 5-6 presenters who have pre-recorded presentations on similar topics will exchange their thoughts and handle real-time questions submitted by attendees during a live session.
- Meet the Expert Session: A topic expert answers a combination of pre-submitted questions and real-time follow up questions from the participants.
- Workshops: There will be 60 minute workshops held each day by members of the community.
There will be special interest groups created as courses in Moodle for collaboration, resource sharing, discussions, and message groups.
For presenters, each presentation accepted has its own “course” in Moodle!