The UK & Ireland Moodlemoot 2020 is held over 3 days in September 2020. The following is the outline schedule of these 3 days.
- Sept 28th – Workshops & DevJam
- Sept 29th – Moodlemoot Day 1
- Sept 30th – Moodlemoot Day 2
2020 MOOTIEUK Format
Recordings: All standard presentations will be pre-recorded as on-demand sessions which will be available for a week before the event and 3 weeks after for participants.
Live Sessions: There will be three types of live sessions: Open Mic sessions, Panel Sessions and Meet the expert sessions.
- Open Mic: A set topic is chosen for the 60-90 minute session. The goal is to create a point of contact for listeners and the speaker. Attendees can also “volunteer in the session” to contribute or share for 3 minutes of their own experience on the topic.
- Panel Sessions: 5-6 presenters who have pre-recorded presentations on similar topics will exchange their thoughts and handle real-time questions submitted by attendees during a live session.
- Meet the Expert Session: A topic expert answers a combination of pre-submitted questions and real-time follow up questions from the participants.
Workshops: There will also be 90-120 minute active training workshops on different topics, with one or two facilitators doing the live sessions. Topics such as: Developer hackfest, UDL, ABC to VLE, Using Quiz, Summative Assessments, Formative Assessments, MEC Module, Course Templates, Accessibility in Course Design, Course Baselines, H5p, Facilitating the Online Classroom.
There will be special interest groups created as courses in Moodle for collaboration, resource sharing, discussions, and message groups.
For presenters, each presentation accepted has its own “course” in Moodle!