2021 UK & Ireland Moodlemoot: Day 1
The 2021 UK & Ireland Moodlemoot kicked off on Monday May 10th, the first day of the online three day-event!
Moodlers from around the globe gathered virtually, to discuss the latest edtech trends, collaborate and share e-learning ideas and mingle with other educators and developers.
MootIEUK21 was hosted “in the cloud” using a combination of our Moodle site, Zoom Webinar, Congregate Live and Telegram to facilitate online access, live sessions and interactive networking.
Almost all presentations at MootIEUK21 were performed and recorded live via Zoom Webinar. Attendees gained access to the live webinar sessions through a singular Zoom room link for each day.
Please note: all sessions from MootIEUK were recorded and can be accessed on the site by those who have a registered email. We will soon have a solution for those without a registered email to access the site.
Welcome Message and Keynote
The first day of MootIEUK21 opened with some welcoming messages hosted by Gavin Henrick. He was then joined with our sponsors, followed by a Keynote presentation from CEO and Founder of Moodle Martin Dougiamas.
The closing discussion panel for Day 1 of the Moodlemoot featured Mark Glynn (DCU), Gavin Henrick (Brickfield Education Labs), Sam Taylor (Catalyst IT),and Ryan Hazen (My Learning Consultants) speaking on Badges and Microcredentials.
The developer sessions were hosted on a separate DevJam stream, across Monday and Tuesday of the moot. All DevJam session recordings are available for viewing on the Moodlemoot site.
What our Sponsors got up to
- Catalyst IT’s Joey Murison discussed the e-assessment solutions Catalyst have provided for institutions throughout the pandemic in his presentation: Scalable e-assessment solutions.
- Jamie Whitehead introduced Gradescope, Turnitin’s digital assessment tool, in his presentation Scaling Your Impact: Meaningful Feedback and Assessment with Gradescope.
- Tonya Riney from Intelliboard took the stage with her presentation Instructor Immediacy in Online Courses, Measuring Engagement, and Impact within the eLearning Environment.
- Moodle HQ’s then Juan Leyva filled us in on the Moodle app, with his session Moodle App and BMA for 2021
- Fred Dixon from Blindside Networks covered practices for engaging with remote students in his presentation: Increasing Student Engagement in your Online Classes.
- Enovation’s Tomasz Muras gave the low down on creating a platform for Moodle Analytics in Moodle Analytics quick start.
- Mark Glynn from DCU discussed template usage in his presentation You Can Lead a Horse to Water But.
#MootIEUK21- Day 1
The moot hashtag #MootIEUK21 gained plenty of traction on our social media throughout the 3 days!
Below are some highlights from our attendees: